The Registrar of Society stipulates that to set up a society, the following is required:
- An inaugural meeting needs to be held on the formation of a society which is attended by not less than 7 persons and their names recorded in the minutes of the meeting.
- The formative meeting must pass the following resolutions:
- agree on the formation of the society.
- approve the name of the society.
- approve the place of business (address) to be registered.
- appoint Members of the Protem Committee for handling the registration of the society.
- approve the constitution and rules of the society to be registered.
- record the proceedings of the inaugural meeting (minutes of the meeting) of the society as well as the resolutions as enunciated above.